The Unbearable Fatness of Being . . . Me

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I Am Neurotic

Here's the deal: I am so nervous that I haven't heard from the school about scheduling the 3rd interview/sample lesson that I am now paralyzed to do anything else. Never mind that the 2nd interview (panel-style) went GREAT yesterday, an hour-and-a-half of actual pleasure (not chocolate-type pleasure, but not interview-ordeal pain either . . . really, it was enjoyable!). So it seemed I wowed them. Terrific. High the entire night on that, with no dickweed hair-dude to mess it up. Right? SO . . . why am I a freaking wreck today?! I wanted to do the following, whilst I awaited their phone call, which should have come hours ago (they said they'd call tomorrow MORNING to set a lesson up!): 1) cement my weight-loss plan into a solid thing, on paper, which I will follow to the proverbial "T", as my (gulp) 40th is less than 4 months away and the lard is barely budging (admittedly, though, I'm not helping it along that much <=/), 2) clear out my kitchen of all nutritional sabatours, 3) blog (guess I'm doing that one, but still without the use of proper paragraphs . . . why won't the Blogger gods answer my emails???), 4) read, and comment on, those lovely blogs I've so quickly become addicted to ( I am reading them, but can't seem to stop the ruminating to comment . . . that is so selfish!), 5) get some clothes to the tailor so I can have a couple things that fit, should a job perhaps come through . . . I'm not only fat, I'm short . . . way short), 6) pay bills (why does that one always make the list?), and, most importantly, 7) continue the job-hunt vigorously by doing all the nitty-gritty that process entails. I could also be meditating, exercising, bleaching my teeth with an over-the-counter product, cleaning my house, changing the kitty litter, going to Target (when all else fails . . .), but, folks, I am PARALYZED. Not just trippin'. Actually seemingly unable to move to do anything productive, or even useless. How I managed to write this must be some bizarre fluke of nature. P.S. If anyone has a suggesting for my paragraphing problem, please let me know; I am not only neurotic, but I also have a pronounced technological disability. Thank You!

9 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Huh?????

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Amy said...

once when i was waiting to hear about a job i really wanted i went out and bought a 60 dollar phone with answering machine and installed it on my lunch break. all out of paranoia that my old one mustn't be working since they didn't leave a message. patience my friend, patience.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

1. You need to activate that thing that forces people to enter text to avoid these spam-bots commenting on your posts.

2. I use the MS Word feature that links directly to Blogger. You type your post in Word, add all the formatting, hyperlinks, colored text, etc. that you want. Then you post right from Word and it does it for you and preserves all your sweet sweet formatting. I love it!

3. You must CHILL. :-)

4. You must watch Project Runway tonight. I'm-a gonna!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Mae said...

Coco, breathe! And don't feel badly about not commenting. I've been so bad I haven't even been reading... I tend to catch up on my favorite blogs once a week, but not recently. I'm bad. Bad, bad Mae.

Amy's comment had me cracking up. I'd do something like that.

I know what you're going through. I'm waiting for the director of the preschool at the charter school to call me. I really want that position, even if I am overqualified to be an aide, because it gets me an "in" at a school where I could do my year of teaching for certification...

*Sigh*

And I'm just obsessing about her call from an "I want an interview" standpoint! I haven't even spoken to her yet (I spoke to her assistant or something like that). She's on vaction. The nerve of that woman!

Heh.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Mae said...

Eeek... I meant to add, I hope you hear soon!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger FatMom said...

Well, Coco...no fears! Just remember that what is meant to happen WILL happen, and you know how things turn out when we push them too hard. They usually suck. Big. Hairy. Balls. Suck. So, hang in there!! I'm rooting for ya!! Goooooo, Coco!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Denise said...

About the paragraphs, if Blogger won't put them in for you automatically, you can always insert a < br > (removing the spaces, of course) after each of your paragraphs and you'll get the same result.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger LBTEPA said...

Hang in there.
I know that paralysed feeling, it's awful!! Just hang in there, and of course blog :)

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I just found your blog and wanted to say hang in there! I know what you mean about the blog addiction - I am a sufferer of the same affliction. Although I guess suffering is the wrong word because they really help. That's a big list you've set out to complete! Don't forget to take time for you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home